Ultimate guide to Affiliate Marketing for Dummies
What is Affiliate Marketing?
According to Wikipedia, ” Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts “.
In simple words, affiliate marketing is basically recommending or referring a product or service to traffic on your blog, and when the person buys the product or service, you receive a commission. It can be done through text links and banner ads on your website.
How does Affiliate Marketing work?
When a reader of your blog clicks on the affiliate link and makes a purchase you will receive a commission. This commission can vary depending upon the product and service affiliate program you enroll in.
The different affiliate programs have different terms and condition. All of the affiliate programs provide a cookie period which means they specify a certain period of time in which the purchase need to be made in order to earn a commission. For example, Bluehost provides a sixty day cookie period which means when the visitor clicks on the affiliate link and make a purchase within next 60 days, you will receive the rightful commission.
How do they keep track of purchases made by the visitor?
The company keeps the track of sales you are making via your Blog or website through a unique tracking link. This unique tracking link is given when you sign up for affiliate programs.
How much does it cost to be an affiliate?
All affiliate programs are completely free of cost.
How much money can you make from affiliate marketing?
There is no cap to how much you can make from affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketers such as Pat Flynn from SmartPassiveIncome make as much as 100,000$ a month just from affiliate sales.Here is the income report.
Pat Flynn by no doubt is one of the best affiliate markers out there.
It is almost impossible to learn affiliate marketing without stumbling upon his name.
The best part is you can make you can make good money while you sleep.Many top bloggers have shown more interest in affiliate marketing over Ad sense as they earn significantly more with it.
If you have around 300-400 targetted dedicated following of your blog audience, you can earn serious money out of it.
How to apply for the affiliate program?
Choose the product you want to promote. Go to google and search for
(The name of the product ) + Affiliate.
This is the easiest and fastest way to apply for the affiliate program.
Amazon and web hosting affiliate programs are some of the most popular programs to choose for.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Read the terms and conditions thoroughly before indulging in any affiliate program.
- Some affiliate programs require some traffic and content on your blog to work with them.
- Gain the audience trust by being affiliated with the products that you have used or been using.
- Give an honest review of the product which helps you gain the trust of the audience.
Some proven tips to increase affiliate sales:
- Always refer to products or services which you have used or using.
- Always promote products which are related to your niche for maximum income.
- Always refer to top quality products.
- Send affiliate products link in your email newsletter can really improve your earning significantly. (As these people already signed up for your newsletter, this shows their interest in your blog and content).
- Offer exclusive discounts. (If only discounts that are included in the program exclusive given by the company).
Here are some of the most popular affiliate programs for almost every niche:
Making money from affiliate sales is not an easy job. You need to put a lot of efforts, time to produce unique quality content steadily to generate income from affiliate marketing.